Thursday, November 19, 2009

Can anyone recommend a good espresso machine + grinder?

I've got a budget of $1000 total. I've been researching on the net for the past few weeks and I know I want a semi-automatic and a burr grinder. I've worked at several coffee shops in the past so I'm familiar with the big industrial size machines but I'm not sure how those compare to the consumer machines. Some advise from someone who actually owns one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good espresso machine + grinder?
You might consider a Rancilio Sylvia -- it's intended for a small office or home but comes with the same pro quality portafilter and group as the full commercial machines.





Sylvia should run you about $500 US





I bought a $200 Breville over a Sylvia only because of money... I really had my heart set on a Sylvia. I used to run a coffee bar and I miss my old Rancilio Classe 10, so the Sylvia would have been perfect.





As for a grinder, I believe Rancilio also makes one called Rocky, and so I would expect a Rancilio grinder to work well with the same manufacturer's espresso machine. You're right to look for a burr grinder, though, as they provide much more consistent grind quality than a blade grinder.
Reply:look through the internet www.google.com

canine teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment