Thursday, November 19, 2009

What are some brands of Sump Pumps that are recommended?

Recently one of my friend's basement flooded due to a bad sump pump, so it made me think that I need a backup plan in case mine were ever to break.





I have looked online and cannot really find a good website that compares consumer experiences with specific brands of sump pumps.





Does anyone have any recommendations or websites to do some research on this?


This is for a residential ranch house, about 1200 square feet with a full basement.





Thanks for any help.

What are some brands of Sump Pumps that are recommended?
Zoellers is byfar one of the best ...others are wayne, picqua, goulds, myers, sta-rite,f%26amp;w...all of these will work but I would suggest you buy a zoellers or a goulds..as they are heavy duty castiron pumps that have built on floats...they are not as cheap as some of the others but will give you many years good service.....
Reply:I have used these pumps and have been more than pleased with how they preformed: Zoeller, Ridgid, Wayne, Flotec. I have a similar size house to yours and have a submersible that turns on at 18" below the floor and an upright that turns on at 12" below the floor. That has kept me dry as long as we don't loose power. I look for gallons per hour and prefer cast iron or stainless steel pumps. Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment