Saturday, April 17, 2010

Consumer Warning About Folica.com!!! (/What can I do??)?

I want to warn everyone in Canada about shopping online from Folica.com!





I ordered a Solia Flat Iron from them on Monday. It came to $88 + shipping. My choices for shipping were either $19.95 for 'USPS Canada Express' shipping or $29.95 for some other non-standard UPS shipping. I did my good half-hour of research before choosing; the Internet very quickly told me that UPS would charge me huge 'brokerage fees' for shipping goods across the border but I should be fine as long as I shipped with anything other than 'UPS Standard'. Therefore, I clicked the $19.95 USPS shipping.





The next afternoon, what did I get? A notice in my inbox saying that my item had been shipped via UPS Standard. I was righteously pissed because I thought I was going to get an extra $20 or so charge when my item got here.





The finale? The pick-up slip for the flat iron came today. They want /$42.78/ in extra charges. That's approximately /$62.73/ (original fees were in $US, final charge in $CA) in shipping costs

Consumer Warning About Folica.com!!! (/What can I do??)?
Yup, getting anything shipped across the border is hazardous. Despite having "free trade", we still get dinged!





Just don't order anything from across the border. You can find the same things here in Canada. Just have to look for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment