Monday, April 26, 2010

What do you think of H&M Home?

Hello guys,





I'm a marketing student at FIT. My group is doing an assignment (due very soon) wherein more research is required. So, if you have a moment, please review our concept and comment on if you think it works, or what you would like to see included. I find bloggers to be very honest, direct and they comment quickly!





Concept: As a brand extension, H%26amp;M will publish a consumer magazine that rounds up an affordable array of home goods and displays the featured items in a room styled by H%26amp;M designers.





The target market for the magazine is comprised of Current H%26amp;M Brand-Loyals. These are people who appreciate the h%26amp;M aesthetic (a mix of basics and fashion forward pieces that allow people to create an individual look, while staying within their budget). They like browsing the stores and looking at the design concepts that H%26amp;M has on mannequins, and then buying pieces and tailoring their own look. We think they'd like to do the same at home.





What do you guys think?

What do you think of H%26amp;M Home?
I love this idea. I clicked on your question just because I thought "wait! there's and H%26amp;M Home??!!"





You should also incorporate an on-line catalog that allows consumers to choose images and mix them together in their own trial "rooms." Or maybe consumers could upload pictures of their real homes into their H%26amp;M web account and then import different pieces into that image. Users could create fantasy rooms from H%26amp;M products that they share with other users to inspire each other. Within the real store, you would have the staged rooms but also have shifting video image displays (PowerPoints) that provide varations for different moods and colors using the same products.





I know this doesn't offer any ideas for the magazine but I hope it helps.
Reply:I like that idea. H%26amp;M is one of my favorite stores. I have quite a few of their clothing articles. It sounds like it would be a bit like an Ikea store. Perhaps a bit more hipper than Ikea.

my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment