Monday, May 4, 2009

How has e-business influenced consumer behavior? Behavior research tools are available for organization?

How has e-business influenced consumer behavior? What consumer behavior research tools are available for organizations that utilize e-business technologies? How does the information obtained from these tools impact marketing strategies?

How has e-business influenced consumer behavior? Behavior research tools are available for organization?
E-business makes the consumer more savvy in price and more informed about the product. You can research all the features of a product and compare to others in the click of a button. You can buy a product in the home-country of origin and save the middle man fees you pay by buying it domestically. They also become more decisive. For example, I shopped for my car online. Once I went to the dealership, I already had my mind made up - the sales staff, etc. could do very little to influence me and I was not about to "go home and think about it" etc. I shopped online, contacted the dealership, and bought the car. Market research companies research consumer behavior to determine what trends are occuring. This information is used to alter the company's e-presense to be more consumer-friendly. AND, comapanies of all kinds have to adjust their prices (to keep up with increased GLOBAL competition) and increase the knowledge of their staff to keep up with the better-educated consumers.


No comments:

Post a Comment